09 Jul Breathe for your mental wellbeing
The idea of “breathe” in the thrive360 world embraces the importance of positive mental health. There are many dimensions to your mental well-being including having a social network, getting involved in your community, and developing the skills to deal with life’s challenges, among others.
The Canadian Mental Health Association has a great list of tips to boost your mental fitness. Some of our favourites are:
- Think about happy moments in your life – Relive the positive emotions you felt during a particular experience.
- Focus on what you’re doing – This is also part of being mindful. For example, if you’re talking to someone, really focus on the conversation. Put your phone away and don’t think about your to-do list.
- Get moving – Being physically active plays a role in boosting your mood and your brain. We probably all know this, but the key is to find an activity that works for you.
- Volunteer – Doing good also makes you feel good. The end result? Everyone wins.
- Laugh a little – Is laughter the best medicine? Possibly. And while you’re at it, spread the humour with your friends and family.
Which mental fitness tips are you going to try?