25 Jun thrive360 celebrates its 1st birthday
by Zannat Reza, MHSc RD
In the Bengali culture, the first birthday is the most important one to celebrate. If you can make it to one, you’re more likely to survive into adulthood. Apparently, mine was spectacular (at least according to my cousins).
thrive360 was born (incorporated) on May 13, 2016. We celebrated with colleagues and clients at Baka Gallery Cafe.
People were able to experience each pillar:
- eat – good food, including amazing cupcakes from Bobbette and Belle
- move – standing is a powerful way to not be sedentary
- breathe – one minute group meditation
- explore – our ice breaker encouraged to talk to each other and meet new people
- create – a create table allowed people to add a message and artwork to our birthday canvas
It is with immense gratitude that I shared my journey, how thrive360 came to be, described our work and the path ahead. Here’s my speech and presentation (click the image):